Retail stores and shopping malls are visited by thousands of shoppers every day. And therefore these places become a hotspot for crimes of different types. This is one of the reasons why retail stores and shopping malls need to be protected. CCTV security cameras are one of the best equipment to safeguard not only the customers but also the investments.
Why retail stores and shopping malls need CCTV security cameras?
In case of loot in a retail store or shopping mall, these CCTV security cameras can immediately alert you so that you can figure out the untold amounts of losses and damages that can occur.
Moreover, having a video surveillance system in place captures the crime and helps the police to further investigate the crime scene. But, these are not the only reasons for installing CCTV security cameras. Here are some more reasons for it.
- Creates a Safer Environment: Your customers would appreciate if you provide a safe atmosphere inside your retail stores or shopping malls. Having CCTV cameras installed on your premise, the customers will feel safe.
- Encourages Productivity: it is very obvious that your employees would be more productive in your presence. But, when you won’t be present, you can still keep a check on your employees through CCTV security cameras. It will encourage productivity among them in your absence as they will know that they are being watched.
- Playback Facility: The modern CCTV cameras make use of digital video recording with the HD video quality. The HD quality video recording is saved on a hard drive that can be easily accessed in the future. Moreover, because of the digital recording, you can also scan for an event much easily and quickly.
- Protection against Fraud Claims: You can easily become a victim of slip and fall accident claims in a shopping mall or retail store and often wind up paying thousands in false lawsuits. Video footage captured by the CCTV security cameras can save you from paying the money for such fraudulent claims.
Choosing the right Cameras
You can choose from the various types of CCTV cameras for your shopping malls or retail stores. However, you must consider the below-mentioned aspects for making the right choice.
- Picture Quality: You should install high-definition security cameras in your stores. Having a high resolution of 720p or 1080p you can easily catch an offender in your shop.
- Appearance: Along with good picture quality, you should choose a camera that matches the aesthetics of your retail stores or shopping malls. In case you need to keep the camera discreet and covert, you can choose to install a dome camera. And in case you want to deter the criminals, you can choose a bullet camera that can be easily spotted.
- Night Vision: Many of the intruders break-in during the night. Therefore, you should install CCTV security cameras that can produce high-quality images even in dark or low-light conditions.